Monday, August 8, 2011

{Real Parties} A Homemade Baptism Celebration

Photobucket

This sweet Baptism celebration is full of homemade details that can easily be recreated! {Look for the how-to on the adorable wreath at the end of the post!} Another plus is that the party hostess, Allison, did not have to spend a lot of money!

Photobucket

The pennant banner was made by using different ribbons. Bunting like this is so cute and in my opinion, gives any party a heartfelt vibe.

Photobucket

A sign in page at the door was set out for guests to leave wishes for baby Isaiah.

Photobucket

The Baptism took place on Mother's Day weekend. To honor the other mother's present, Allison made simple arrangements and placed a card on top which contained words sent to her by their children describing their mom. What a sweet idea!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cookie favors for each guests were found at each place setting...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ginger Lemonade was the specialty drink on hand. Fizzy lemonade with a twist!

Photobucket


{Tutorial} Ribbon Wreath

Photobucket


I decided to make two front door wreaths to greet guests as they arrived. They were a cinch to make, taking about 10 minutes per wreath. I simply re-used two foam wreath forms and stripped them completely clean. Then after a quick trip to the craft store, where I picked out ribbon and scrapbook paper to match my color scheme, it was time to create!

I secured the yellow ribbon in place with a pin, and simply wrapped the entire form, securing the final piece with a hot glue gun. From there I traced the outer edge of the wreath onto my striped paper, and after cutting the circle out, attached it with small dots of fabric glue (using double-sided paper works best for this step, so the wreath is attractive from both sides if you have a glass door like I do). I chose green polka dot paper for the center of the wreath, cutting it into a small circle and folding accordion style, then attaching with a dot of hot glue. And last but not least, I thought it would be special to add the guest of honor's name...so using individual stamped letters (I highly recommend having a set, it's a lifesaver for party details), I stamped a white gift tag and taped it to the center. Easy as pie.
The best part? Since I can remove the name easily, the wreaths can be personalized for any event, or even Easter.


2 comments:

Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

The "joy" cookie favors are so sweet and simple, plus those cards for the mom-guests! And those 2 wreaths...love it when something so easy looks so pretty! :-)

jackie fo said...

I love this! THe color theme is so pretty and I love the wreath and bunting :)

Post a Comment