Saturday, April 30, 2011

Where I Have Been....

Hello friends!

I just can't apologize enough for my absence this week and previous weeks. I have debated on whether or not I should share a little about what has been going on lately. I certainly do not want to sound like I am complaining or whining and I want this to be a happy place; and most importantly, a place for parties and fun! But I also do not want people to wonder why I have not posted often and even worse, lost my passion for this blog. That is not the case at all!

First of all, there is nothing life threatening going on, thank heavens. I just have been battling some health issues lately, mainly terrible headaches. I have suffered from mild to severe headaches for about 10 years. I seem to always find a way to control them, but this year, I have been to the ER 3 times for treatment and I realized that I can't keep going on this way and that I need to get to the bottom of the problem. I visited with a neurologist this week and we have a few things scheduled for the upcoming weeks. I will have a MRI on Tuesday. I am definitely anxious about that, but I am not worried because no one thinks this is a severe issue...just an issue we need to figure out.

So, my sincere apologies for not blogging much these last few weeks. I really miss you and diving into party posts! I just have had several appointments that have taken a toll on my daily life (emotionally, physically and a lot of time and effort). On top of that, my rambunctious boys are 4 and 2 and that right there does not lend time to much else.

My sweet husband realized that I needed some complete me time. He took the boys AND new puppy to our farm for the ENTIRE weekend. People...I have not had a weekend ALONE in years! Of course, we as a couple have left the boys, but it has always been on a trip where we are going, going, going. Or I have been on girls' weekends with full schedules. But this weekend I am alone and have zero obligations. I can't tell you how excited I am (although I woke up with another splitting headache; finally under control now). I have been on the couch ALL morning watching reality TV (thank you Bethenny ever After for lots of laughs!) and countless royal wedding documentaries off of Apple TV (I can't shake the royal wedding fever). Although I miss the boys (all 3) tremendously, I am loving and appreciating my weekend of no obligations. Even sitting here writing this post, at this time of the day, in peace, is unusual. I'm off to get a deep tissue massage in a bit and can't wait. The feeling of not having to rush home afterwards to the kids is a relaxing feeling. And tonight, I think I'm going to go to dinner and a movie with a friend and just chill. I'll be waking up whenever I want tomorrow as well. Then, I'm off to the West U Home Tour and can't wait. Ahhh...I'm just going to enjoy these hours and I know I will be a better mom when everyone comes home tomorrow.

Thank you all for your loyalty and patience. I am truly blessed to be in touch with so many of you and I can't wait to feel normal (my normal) again! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

XOXO,
Christi


28 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, no! feel better. . . and enjoy the peace, quiet, and bethanny-induced laughs!

Janelle said...

I hope you thoroughly enjoy every minute of your well-deserved, restful, restorative weekend!!
And good luck with your MRI next week ;)

Kori Clark said...

Glad you got a weekend alone to just rest!! I know how crazy life with two toddlers is and I can't imagine adding in constant headaches! I hope they can get to the bottom of things and find a solution for you! Thanks for sharing!

Lili said...

christi! i hope you are feeling so much better!

Gwynn @ Gwynn Wasson Designs said...

It sounds like this weekend is just what you need!! Ah, the blissfulness of a weekend alone!! I so hope that you are able find some relief (my husband has also battled excruciating headaches/migraines for years and I know how incapacitating and disruptive they can be.)

You should never worry about all of us out here... you have been truly missed but family life and health should always take priority. Never doubt that we'll all be here when you feel better!

Kailani Nicole said...

Well we have missed you but I really hope you are taking care of yourself. As a fan of your blog I would not want you to get real sick. I hope you feel better. And A+ for daddy

sweet bambinos said...

Hi Christi, I am so sorry you are feeling all that... and I know how you feel. I have migrane and I also have been suffering with terrible headaches... well, just let me know if you find a treatment or anything else to help with the pain...- I would love to know what the docs say... feel better!

LB's mom said...

As a loyal reader, I wish you only the best with your health. I am so sorry to hear that you have not been well and I appreciate you being so open about it to all of us out here. I hope that everything goes well with the MRI. Fortunately it sounds as though you are being proactive about it which is usually key in getting to the bottom of things before they get to you!!!

I think that you are blessed to have this time alone. Definitely make the most of it!!!! It will indeed only make you a better mother/wife to your family. And as for Bethenny.....also my favorite way to unwind!!!

Sara C. said...

I wish you only the best and lots of warm wishes...enjoy every second!!!! you deserve it!

Magnolia Rouge said...

Nothing is more important than your health, So I truly understand and I hope all will be better for you. ENJOY the "YOU" time that only happens ever so often, Being a wife and a mom is a hard job in it self and sometime a little vacay is needed to make the house happy for everyone. If Mommy is happy the House is happy! Enjoy and feel better!! (Bethenny is too funny)

Holly said...

i hope your mri comes back just fine. i also suffer from chronic headaches, but i think it has to do with my posture and lack of using all my spinal vertibrae correctly? either way, its not fun to suffer through it so thats great you are getting to the bottom of it. good luck!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I'll definitely be praying for you, Christi. Take time for you.... as a mother of three I completely understand the pressures of work, blogging, family and all the rest. I love what you do and am so inspired by your blog.... we will all still be here waiting when you can get back to it full time. And in the mean time, I wish you all the best!

Lori said...

I hope you can find a cure for the headaches. You are so inspiring. I even am creating a new line with my floral business from one of your posts. The home floral parties! Will have it up and running soon in the Dallas area.

Tamari Almonds said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
A Blissful Nest said...

Awe Christi! Time for your self is such a luxury and even more so when you do not feel well. I hope this was a wonderful and relaxing weekend for you. But it will be such a sweet welcome to see the boys too! Take care honey!!

Courtney @ Pizzazzerie said...

I'm thinking of you! I'm glad you had a weekend to yourself!

Marie Söderberg said...

Awe,,Great of you to take time for yourself, I hope you feeling much vetter soon, take vare, all the best for you / marie

Unknown said...

Hi Christy,
I'm so happy to hear that you are enjoying your weekend and taking care of yourself!
Mariela

Kustom Kreations by Elisha Akram said...

Ahh... Feel better and continue to enjoy your wonderful and relaxing weekend.... !

Unknown said...

Congrats! You are a winner of the 'VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD'!

And I hope you are feeling better after your relaxing wkend xoxo

http://countryclubcowgirl.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-won-i-won_01.html

Unknown said...

I hope you are feeling better soon and they find out what is causing the problem. We all love to see your happy fun party posts but as a bloggie friend, we all want to you take care of your first!!
Take care!

Hannah {Bonne Nouvelle} said...

Love your blog. Love your features. Love your talent. But thank you for being candid and taking care of yourself! I appreciate you taking a break because everyone needs it :) I hope you have a healthy and happy week!

Unknown said...

My mom has dealt with the same thing for years so I know how difficult it can be. I'm so glad you're getting this alone time. You definitely need it. Enjoy your night!

bump smitten said...

Totally understand as a mother to a 2 and 4 year old. They are exhausting! Amazing I can keep up with blogging as well. :) Relax and get lots of massages! Moms deserve lots of massages.

Amy said...

Oh no, so sorry to hear. Hope the docs can get to the root of the problem soon ~ that is no way to live. ;-( Feel better soon!

Unknown said...

I have been thinking of you & hope they are able to give you some relief soon! :)

jackie fo said...

So sorry you haven't been feeling well .... I hope you feel better soon!!!!

Carolyn said...

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get it sorted out. I have migraines, so I know how debilitating it can all be...and not really a cure that I know of. Hope you're already better! :)

Post a Comment