Thursday, October 22, 2009

'Tis the Season!

I know, I know! Halloween has not even come and gone and I'm already thinking, let alone talking, about Christmas!!! I just can't help myself!
My husband keeps laughing at me because for the past month, I have been stalking Barnes & Noble (and grocery stores!) to see if the Christmas magazines have started rolling in. I have a good excuse though! My baby boy turns one on December 16th and I am planning a big birthday celebration. I love reading blogs, but I think it has been a blessing and a curse when it comes to this particular party. Normally, I would have had his party planned out in my head months ago, but I keep seeing so many great ideas, that I never can settle on anything. I think I have finally decided though, so stay tuned for the details to come. I'm so excited! In the meantime, here is an inspiration board I put together with pictures I have saved over the past few months.

Martha Stewart - snowflake cookies, marshmallow favors, coffe & donuts, cake and flowers
The Knot - champagne
Julia Usher - gingerbread favor boxes
And I can't remember where I found the cute snowman punch bowl! If you know, please send the info my way!


8 comments:

Blythe said...

I also have a baby boy that will be turning one in December (12/5). I too love party plannig. I have been trying to decide for the last month or so what theme his birthday should be. I love your winter one-derland idea! Before I saw that I was going to do a safari theme with bright colors from 1stwishes.com. I'm torn between the two themes. I like both ideas but cant decide on one. I like the winter theme becase its unique and something differnet and I like the safari theme because of the bright colors and animals. Any suggestions?

Unknown said...

love your inspiration board, especially the gingerbread boxes! crate & barrel and trader joe's have the yummiest white snowflake pretzels-might be a fun addition for the party!

Daniel and Ashleigh Hansberger said...

I too have a little boy that is turning one December 29th and I am doing the Winter ONE-derland theme. I love looking at your blog and your winter themed party really helped me with ideas. (I went to Baylor and was a Kappa. I got your blog link from Amanda Yocum's) Can't wait to see what your are doing.

Kim - The TomKat Studio said...

Hi Christi! I am working on a one-derland snowflake theme for my BFF's little girl's party in December! If you need cupcake topper designs, invitations, etc...stay tuned! ~ Kim

Christi Bennett @ pisforparty said...

Thanks for the tip Susan!
Can't wait to see your designs Kim!

Allison said...

I can't wait to see pics of this party Christi! You are so good!

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Great inspiration! I am also thinking about doing a "Winter" theme for a sip & see shower in February!

amy & lisa said...

I love this inspiration board!

Good luck with the party planning. Can't wait to see it! :)

Post a Comment